As the first-ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone, the premium KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Vocal Dynamic Microphone is a groundbreaking feat of engineering design. Meticulously crafted for revolutionary vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement control for world-class live performance in top-tier professional venues. Featuring the single purest cardioid polar pattern that Shure has developed to date, the patented Dualdyne cartridge of the KSM8 virtually eliminates proximity effect and masters off-axis rejection while providing sound professionals the signal clarity typical of condenser microphones without processing, along with the reliability of dynamic microphonefeedback control. The live performance dynamic microphone that only Shure could make.
Best suited to: Vocals
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- Advanced Pneumatic Shock Mount design for exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low frequency response.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Available in select Shure wireless systems, compatible with all interchangeable Shure handheld wireless transmitters.
- Transducer Type : Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response from: 40 Hz
- Frequency Response to: 16 KHz
- Sensitivity (dBV/Pa): -51.5 dBV/Pa
- Sensitivity (mV/Pa): 1.85 mV/Pa
- Weight: 330 g
Click here for full specs